Wednesday 22 January 2014

Bristol Bar

Missing England?

Bristol bar on Calle Almirante is the place to go. According to the bartender the owner is in fact from Bristol, hence the name and decor. With menus in English, flags dotted everywhere, a cardboard cut-out of the Queen, and a wall dominated by a photo of Queen Victoria, it's like being home... albeit a slightly scarily patriotic version.

It is one of the places to go for a gin&tonic - although they do have a restaurant part I hear - and they know their stuff. Maria asked for a less harsh, more suave gin and the bartender knew exactly what he was talking about, offering from the rows and rows of bottles an American gin which apparently has hints of orange.

I know nothing about gin - or tonic for that matter - so just went for the same thing. I have to say that I was very pleasantly surprised, especially as someone who wouldn't usually order a g&t. Pretentious as I may sound, it was smoother and I could taste that orange.




Of course the drinks - being Spanish - were very strong and things got a bit silly.

Queen Victoria faces.


No comments:

Post a Comment