Monday 2 June 2014

Petra Mora

This gourmet supermarket and delicatessen in Barrio de Salamanca is a great place for little gifts. At Christmas actually I bought my parents a turrón de yema tostada which they loved. Maria and I come here all the time, and so with her leaving (sob), she needed some presents for people back home and so Petra Mora was high on our list.

I hope my photos give you a taste of what they have and how you might use the products yourself.

These crispy treats look great for a bit of a crunch in yogurt or ice-cream perhaps or for extra - but natural - flavour with cereal,



I love a place with samples,



Typical Spanish produce,


The Spanish have an on-going affair with tinned goods, especially shellfish, it's probably a result of the climate. Everyone seems to have their little tin of mussels stored at home in case it's needed,

There are jars of infused salt which are a great idea. Maria picked up one of the red wine infused jars as a present for her godparents. Should be delicious with steak,


I'm a sucker for packaging and Petra Mora never disappoints,



Definitely have a look in, try a few samples, any foodie will want to buy everything. But you have been warned: it would be a very expensive way to do your weekly shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment