Sunday 22 June 2014

Z A R A

Zara and its Spanish prices together are one of the main advantages of being in Spain for me. I'm not even kidding.

I waited for the opening of the new Zara flagship store on Serrano with anticipation. And then, lo and behold, in April it was revealed from behind the enormous boards.
It's massive, with 5000m² between six floors, five of which are open to the public. Definitely worth a visit; both for the selection of clothes, there'll be that shirt you were looking at, sold out almost everywhere in your size, and to take a look at what they've done to the place. The façade is intact, fitting in beautifully with the rest of the block on Calle Serrano. However, the interior was clearly completely gutted, modernising and Zara-ising it with litres of white paint, escalators and a million hangers.

Be warned, the queues for changing rooms and to pay are preetty long but it is a Madrid experience.



Along with the photo I took one night in April, I thought I'd add a photo from the inside which I found on Google to give you more of an idea,

No comments:

Post a Comment