Wednesday 20 November 2013

Azotea

A few weeks ago I went on a recommendation, with a group of friends, to the roof terrace (azotea) of the Círculo de Bellas Artes. It is a great place to go for views of Madrid. You can look over the city, including Palacio de Cibeles opposite and the iconic Madrileñan Metropolis just across the road.

You have to pay for entry and the drinks are a little pricey but I think it's worth it, especially at sunset for champagne or at night for a cocktail. We did the latter.

With the huge cushions to sprawl out on, it's perfect for good weather so when it's starts to get warm again - I may have to wait a few months (meh) - you will find me there!










I even went back when showing Madrid to a friend, as with the price for entry, the museum are free. However, the queue was so long for the lift that we bailed on the views and just saw the exhibitions instead. Català Roca's black and white photos were particularly interesting, showing us 20th century Spain through his lens. I was very pleased with myself, managing to recognise most of the photos taken in Madrid. I really am getting to know the city... I will never want to leave at the end of the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment