Thursday 28 November 2013

La Latina

It's not as if the area's Rastro (flea market) on a Sunday is even the reason for most of the people around to be there, no - it's just the excuse needed because La Latina has been buzzing with life every time I've been there. A great place to go for tapas, a drink, or just to hang out and appreciate some secret-but-incredible churches.

Here are some of my photos from a Sunday there with some work friends.







man just playing his wine glasses. As you do.


This is Spain: churches, just plain churches, not even cathedrals, are gigantic and insanely beautiful.


The place to go for a meal, is definitely La Musa. We stumbled across this place behind the Iglesia de San Andrés because I noticed the pinterest-looking rustic white gate and chalk board.

It was just me and Ger, and for two, they have the degustación menu which is very good value for money and means you get to try a little of everything.


Makipan is something I'd never seen before. A sushi concept, but made with bread rather than rice. Delicious. I always love a bit of fusion gastronomy.

They give you just the right amount of everything.






Definitely go if you find yourself in La Latina, or actually, go out of your way to get there. I would. Luckily there's one in Malasaña as well. It's probably one of my favourite restaurants in Madrid at the moment.


No comments:

Post a Comment