Wednesday 11 September 2013

Vida madrileña

 
Can't quite believe I'm here... Already stocked the fridge with gazpachotortillajamón and fuet - feeling I've gone española and there's no turning back. What you would only find in García on Portobello or perhaps a delicatessen is normal here and better yet - usually very cheap. I have to say I am seriously impressed with the choice of bread in Spanish supermarkets as well, even the smallest ones which don't have an in-store bakery seem to have a wealth of different types. Not so impressed by the choice of humous (my addiction) but c'est la vie!

So far I haven't done all that much except unpack, see a few old friends and explore the area. I am VERY happy with the location of my flat, Barrio de Salamanca. It's very well connected and I can walk almost everywhere. I'm surrounded by bars and little boutiques (take a look at a few photos I took yesterday). Right, well I know where my first pay cheque is headed.

I love this little pedestrianised mews, el Callejón de Jorge Juan. Reminds me of Notting Hill with it's candy-coloured buildings and little doorways.

























Work starts tomorrow eek, wish me luck...

No comments:

Post a Comment