Wednesday 14 May 2014

Holiday

Going home for Easter was a lovely break. Think I'd have long holidays working in a school? In Spain they only give you a measly week at Easter. However, I used that week wisely to spend time with friends, family and do a fair bit of eating. This post is part lifestyle blog, part random photos I'd like to share (jeje).

I miss the little Wilks so much when in Madrid. My favourite model,


Ger always makes claims that you see the most interesting cars in London. Here are a couple of good ones,

My godmother took me out to lunch at Brasserie Blanc on the terrace in the middle of Covent Garden piazza. I had the most delicious caramel soufflé from the specials board.


My trip to London wouldn't have been complete without seeing Parima (P.S. of Deep Meaningless Conversations). Botanist brunch babes. I recommend the buttermilk blueberry pancakes. While on the expensive side, especially if you add in a freshly squeezed juice like we did, it is a lovely little treat to yourself and I'd have breakfast for lunch any day.


For the Easter weekend we headed out to Gloucestershire and my country house. In spite of the April weather, we decided to barbecue. 
Definitely try this one at home: turkey mince, feta and black olive burgers with fried halloumi in a pitta bread, accompanied by sweet potato fries sprinkled with paprika and a crunchy green salad.



Look at these babies we picked up from Tesco. Wildly appropriate napkins. Oh and yes, I ate more than half our table's decorations, even after an impressive slice of that moist Betty Crocker red velvet beauty Mum made.


Sorry this post is quite so late. 
Enjoy your Wednesday dear readers.


No comments:

Post a Comment