Friday 16 May 2014

Maquís

Hadn't really understood the appeal of a pop-up store until I got to Madrid and my area, Barrio de Salamanca is full of them.

My favourite though is Maquís & Co. on Maldonado. So it hosts brands three days a week (Thursday, Friday and Saturday) in its store, grouping them based on a theme, for instance, christmas presents, vintage clothing, weddings, and even art. I went to one based around primavera (spring) and the small space was filled with colourful clothing, costume jewellery, flowers and paper garlands. They also offered me a hand exfoliation and moisturiser as a demonstration for the products.

I've been to others since then, the LOVE themed one was pretty good and I bought a great new top for going out. I urge you to go to the next one. Who knows what you could find.












I left feeling good despite the fact that I hadn't bought anything, with my email on the mailing list, extremely soft hands and a heart-shaped lollipop for the road.

No comments:

Post a Comment