Tuesday 13 May 2014

Salmorejo

For a quick snackette of a dinner but still a place with charm, you should hit up Dónde Mónica. I came across it walking from Serrano up Padilla and although it's tucked away behind leafy walls, I managed to spot the menu on the street. Therefore that night, I decided it would be a great place for dinner with Ger, especially since we were in the mood for something simple.

After sharing a veal carpaccio, I went for the salmorejo - a steal at 3,90€. For those of you unfamiliar with what that is, it's like gazpacho (the famous Spanish cold tomato soup) but made with bread so more substantial - great for a light, summer dinner.

The interior has a sweet sort of homey-feeling, and they have a lovely outside terrace with three or four tables and romantic lighting. Being small though, I imagine if you go on a weekend you might have to wait. We went last Tuesday and there was no wait at all. Perfect.






No comments:

Post a Comment