Wednesday 28 May 2014

Málaga - Tapadaki

What I want to talk to you in this second post of the series is the restaurant Tapadaki. As the name hints, it serves a Spanish-Japanese fusion. I've told you countless times, fusion is my favourite, so this was right up my street.

The three of us hadn't made a reservation and it being a Saturday, we had to wait a while but we ordered some drinks and took a few snaps to fill the time. 
Also I'd like to state from the beginning that while I really like photography (the three cameras give me away), food photography really isn't my thing. However, I thought I would include the photos to give you an idea of what they look like. Though hopefully if you get to go, you'll realise I didn't do them justice.



The beauty of both tapas and sushi menus is that the dishes are only small and designed to be shared, so you can try lots without breaking the bank. Plus if you like something you can reorder. We do that a lot!

Ensalada de algas wakamecon sésamo y vinagreta de chili dulce.
We started with a seaweed salad. A personal favourite for something very light and very green to eat between bites of meat, fish or starchy rice.


I feel like this is a translation exam. Please forgive my attempts and as a note for the Spanish readers, feel free to contribute a better way translation by commenting. 

Nem de rabo de toro con espuma de patatas trufada.
This one here is a spring roll filled with tender oxtail meat (a Spanish delicacy) with a potato truffle foam.


Fideos tostados con langostinos salteados y ali oli de pears gratinados.
Toasted noodles with sautéed prawns and gratinéed pear alioli.


Tartar de pez mantequilla con aderezo de miso y mayonesa de wasabi.
Tartare made of Atlantic halibut (or so Wikipedia claims in its translation) and avocado with a miso dressing and wasabi mayonnaise.

Salmón con aguacate y cubierto de sésamo.
And from the Uramaki section, a salmon and avocado one, because you can't go wrong with that combo.


Even with a reorder of a couple of the things we really liked, it was still very reasonable and price is just one of many reasons why I would recommend that you go - and I'm not just saying that because they offered us a complimentary toffee vodka chupito (shot) at the end.

I just wish they would open one of these in Madrid. If you do know of any great fusion restaurants, feel free to recommend them to me. 
Wowee this post has made me hungry. Luckily I'm going to Lateral tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment